Please note, due to ongoing Covid19 govt restrictions, our live music program has been placed on ice. We hope to open up our booking diary as soon as possible, so watch this space!)
Want a gig at Box? Drop us an email! We are host to 400+ unsigned grass roots bands a year here in Box, from all over the country and further afield!
If you would like to play a gig at box email;
Shep.firstname.lastname@example.org (Wednesdays and Fridays, and general gigging/booking enquiries)
Scottbox@live.com (Thursdays and Saturdays)
NB. Send Soundcloud or Spotify links, NO DOWNLOAD LINKS PLEASE 🙂 (aint nobody got time for that!)
All gigs are free entry, all we ask is bands spend the time to promote the shows appropriately! When making Facebook event pages, be sure to tag Box Glasgow as an Admin, we will add the gig to our Facebook listings! All shows are put on our online listings calendar and listed in the Scottish Gig Guide.
- Gigs in box run from 8pm till 11.00pm
- Soundchecks are from 6pm at the weekend and 7pm midweek – if you cannot make it for a soundcheck we will be able to give you a line check before you take to the stage.
- All bands are given a 30 minute set unless otherwise agreed. 15 minute change overs.
- Stage times are allocated on arrival – if you have any restrictions which limit the time you can play please let us know as far in advance as possible!.
Box provides a full backline for the use of all the bands who perform on our stage as well as our in house sound engineer to make sure your gig runs smoothly. If you wish to bring your own guitar amps, please let us know in advance. Drummers are to use our house kit, as change overs are tight.
NB. With Covid restrictions, it will be necessary for all bands to bring their own microphone with them, change overs will be 30 minutes to give us time to wipe down surfaces for next band.
We are running a new QSC PA system, and Digital Allen and Heath Qu-24, Box has never sounded so good!
Please find the Tech Spec for our backline below:
- Yamaha Stage Custom (Kick, Floor tom, High Tom and Mid Tom.)
We have a house snare, but advise to bring your own. Please bring your own cymbal felts and crowns and hi-hat clutch!
- Ashdown MAG300
- Blackstar HT 100 head
- Blackstar HT 60 Stage Combo
- 2x Marshall 1960 Lead (4×10”)
- + 3 Stage Monitors.We have a collection of Shure SM58s and DI Boxes